Applications are due by Tuesday, November 22, 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Each year, SE Uplift provides community groups with a small amount of funding to be used for communication and outreach efforts whose strategies are focused on increasing Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA) among communities in SE Portland.
WHAT IS IDEA?
IDEA stands for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility. Diversity can be in relation to race, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, socioeconomic status, language, religion, and family structures. Diversity in regard to an organization or workplace is not only about quantity – notice what positions of power, if any, people of different identities hold within a structure. Equity recognizes that fairness and justice does not stem from equality. Equity assesses that people of marginalized identities, are best supported through the acknowledgment that “we do not all start from the same place”. Inclusion is the cultivation of a culture that encourages and provides equitable access of resources to the community. Inclusion within an organization must take account of whether the organizations has created a safe space to be inclusive. Though invited to participate, will people of various identities actually feel safe and welcomed? Accessibility broadens how populations that have been historically underserved are able to reach resources and information.
EXAMPLES OF IDEA COMMUNICATION GRANTS PROJECTS
- Coaching your group to create a welcoming and inclusive space. Examples of trainings: interrupting harm. recognizing micro-aggressions, and cultivating safe spaces.
- Diversifying your Board/organization.
- Developing a strategic plan for inclusion.
- Providing interpretation and/or translations.
- Technology and equipment for hybrid meetings.
- Increase access to all neighbors to participate in activities..
- Evaluating and updating website and printed graphics; are the images used in your outreach materials representative of your diverse community.
HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Download and review the IDEA Communications Grant Handbook.
This resource provides all you need to know about the program, eligibility, and application support. Questions? Check out our list of frequently asked questions for more insight!
2. Download our narrative and budget templates to prepare your application.
Prepare your application offline, then transfer your answers into our online application form, or send us your materials by mail, email or drop-off.
*Here are the links if you need to apply for fiscal sponsorship from SE Uplift, or need to verify your fiscal sponsorship with another 501(c)(3) organization.
Other Ways to Apply:
- Apply by Mail: SE Uplift | Attn: Alex Cherin | 3534 SE Main St. | Portland, OR 97214 (Applications must be received by the deadline.)
- Drop Off: Tue-Thur, 10 AM – 5 PM | SE Uplift | 3534 SE Main St. | Portland, OR 97214
- Email: Send a Word doc or PDF to email@example.com with “CSG Grant Application” in the subject line.
Applications will be evaluated without regard to application method.