SE Uplift Neighborhood Coalition
Job Title: Office Clerk
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-time, 20 hours per week.
Benefits: Dental, Medical, and PTO.
To apply, please email a cover letter and chronological resume to email@example.com. Please title your documents and email with your last name, the name of the organization, and the name of the document. (Example: Subject: Estimé SE Uplift, attachments: Estimé Resume SE Uplift and Estimé Cover Letter SE Uplift.) The first round of application materials will be reviewed on September 21st. Position will remain open until filled.
History & Mission:
Since 1968, the SE Uplift Neighborhood Coalition, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, has collaborated with the SE Portland community to build informed, inclusive, and participatory neighborhoods that support our social and ecological well-being. SE Uplift empowers individuals and groups to engage with their communities and uplifts communities through a variety of skill-building trainings and resources. To find out more, please visit: https://www.seuplift.org/who-we-are/missionvalues/
Overview of Position:
This position supports a variety of administrative needs at SE Uplift. The position will provide much needed support to SE Uplift staff. The person in this position will work closely with the Executive Director and operations manager to make sure day to day tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner. This position involves computer, phone, and office/administrative work, and light bookkeeping. The position requires a flexible and versatile individual who is able to work autonomously and as a team.
- Operations assistance regarding mail filing, opening, and distribution
- Clerical assistance regarding communications with and for the board of directors
- Clerical assistance regarding bookkeeping
- Keep an inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed
- Maintain electronic files and online database
- Welcoming visitors and building users to the SE Uplift space
- Answering main phone line and recording messages
- Taking and delivering messages
- Support of the SEUL Board to include sending out agendas, posting minutes, scheduling committee meetings, and develop board packets.
- Intercultural competency and commitment to a multicultural diverse community
- Strong advocate for building a connected community
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines amidst many competing priorities
- Commitment to SE Uplift’s mission of civic engagement and community building
- Outgoing and fun personality
- Previous non-profit experience
- High school diploma preferred
- Strong bookkeeping and data management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites, Google Groups and WordPress
SE Uplift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on religious affiliation, marital status, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, age, race, color, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic makeup, political or union affiliation, status as a Vietnam-era, disabled or other veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, SE Uplift will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Note: This job posting is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment. Expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will. With or without cause.
Thank you for exploring the possibilities with us!