Affordable Office Space Available Starting January 1, 2023
For more information about our spaces and eligibility requirements, please read the information below. If you are interesting in renting this space, contact operations[at]seuplift.org to schedule a visit.
Why Rent a Space at SE Uplift?
SE Uplift’s headquarters is located in the heart of SE Portland just off of SE Hawthorne Blvd and close to SE Belmont Street. The building is blocks away from popular restaurants, bars, shopping, and coffee shops. It is a few blocks from public transit and has a Walk Score of 96 (Walker’s Paradise) and a Bike Score of 100 (Biker’s Paradise).
Rent is negotiable but generally starts at $18 per square foot. The space includes:
- Utilities included in rent
- Large outdoor garden space with native landscaping and Backyard Habitat gold certification
- Ample bicycle parking
- On-site parking lot at no additional cost
- Controlled access to the building
- All-gender restrooms on every floor
- Shared lobby with mailboxes and kitchen access
- One complimentary conference room usage each month and access to discounted meeting room rentals
You’ll also have excellent neighbors! Along with our office upstairs, SE Uplift rents out three office spaces on our main floor and two on our lower level to various community groups doing work in the SE area and beyond. This provides unique opportunities for connection and partnerships.
Our building has two conference rooms: the Fireside Room and Garden Room can accommodate group meetings from 20-100 people, depending on the seating arrangement. Both rooms come with air purification and hybrid meeting technology to accommodate your attendees participating both in person and virtually.
Minimum Qualifications to Rent an Office
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a 501(c)3 organization, fiscally-sponsored community group, or a civic entity.
- Your group’s activities align with and further SE Uplift’s mission and the following goals: Increase the number and diversity of people who are engaged in the community; strengthen community capacity to create change; and increase community impact on public decisions and community life
- Our group must demonstrate the financial capacity to pay rent and obtain commercial general liability insurance.
Preference will be given to applicants that:
- Are strongly aligned with SE Uplift’s mission and goals
- Fit the capacity, design, and space of our building
- Have well-defined programs and goals
- Advance the leadership or voice of historically marginalized communities
- Are led or staffed by individuals from the marginalized communities they serve
- Show a commitment to collaboration and building a welcoming community space
Organizations that will not be considered for tenancy are:
- Organizations set up for partisan political or religious reasons
- Organizations whose activities would have an adverse impact on the building