By: Muz Afzal, SE Uplift Small Grants Manager
SE Uplift Community & Civic Engagement Small Grant applications now open!
Now in its 12th year, the Small Grants program offers the opportunity to engage community members across the City. By offering seed-money, training, and technical support, the program enables people and organizations to identify community needs, develop collaborative projects, and see their ideas through to completion. The Community and Civic Engagement Small Grant Program builds the skills and capacity of project leaders to shape the place where they live. Increased capacity creates confidence, and from confidence grows ongoing engagement of new community leaders, especially in under-engaged communities. First-time grant applicants are encouraged to apply, a 501c3 status is not required to be eligible for a grant, please inquire with Muz Afzal for options. Projects are eligible for up to $4,000 in funding.
Projects that qualify:
- Increase the number and diversity of people who are involved and engaged in the broader community.
- Strengthen community capacity to create change by building community leadership, identity, skills, relationships, and partnerships.
- Increase community impact on public decisions and community life.
- Take place within the SE Uplift area.
- Attend a grant workshop on Dec 5th or Jan 10th. If you are unable to attend then contact SE Uplift’s Small Grants Manager, Muz Afzal, to learn about the grant process.
- Submit a grant application by February 8, 2019.
- Award Notification: March 6, 2019
- Projects completed by January 28, 2020