JOIN THE NEIGHBORHOOD SMALL GRANTS REVIEW COMMITTEE
Apply by Sunday, December 31, 2017
SE Uplift is recruiting volunteers who represent a wide spectrum of community perspectives to serve on our Neighborhood Small Grant Review Committee this winter. Committee members evaluate grant applications based on established criteria and make funding recommendations to the SE Uplift Board of Directors. No prior experience with grantmaking is necessary to apply. This is a rewarding opportunity to experience, first-hand, the conversations that funders have about which projects to reward, network with fellow community leaders and support grassroots projects aimed at strengthening our communities.
To Apply, Please Click Here.
Application Due Sunday, December 31, 2017
The purpose of the Neighborhood Small Grants program is to spur grassroots community efforts aimed at connecting and engaging residents, building community capacity, improving neighborhood livability, and increasing community impact on public decision making.
Volunteers must be able to commit to the following:
- Reviewing and evaluating all grant applications thoroughly and in accordance with the criteria provided. Committee members should expect to devote approximately 15-25 hours reviewing applications during the months of January and February.
- Attending a 1.5 hour committee orientation meeting during the week of Monday, January 15th (exact date TBD based on committee availability).
- Attending a 5-6 hour committee deliberation and recommendation meeting on the weekend of Saturday, February 24th or March 3rd (Exact date and time TBD based on committee availability. Lunch provided!).
- Attending a grant award celebration in mid-March.
- Sunday, December 31st — Grant Review Committee applications due
- Thursday, January 4th — Grant Review Committee selected
- Week of Monday, January 15th — Committee orientation meeting (1.5 hrs)
- Weekend of Saturday, February 24th or Saturday, March 3rd — Committee deliberation and recommendation meeting (5-6 hrs)
- Monday, March 12th — Grant awards announced
- Mid March — Grant awards celebration
The Grant Review Committee will be comprised of up to six members. In selecting members for this committee, SE Uplift seeks diversity in gender, race, age, culture, economic status, education, ethnicity, professional and volunteer experience, etc.
Committee applicants will be notified about whether or not they were selected to serve on the committee by Thursday, December 21st.
Please contact SE Uplift’s Director of Programs and Strategy at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to have you on our team.