By: Mireaya Medina, Cleanups Manager
In under 90 days, SE Portland neighborhoods got dazzled and bulky-waste free by coordinating Cleanups and litter pick-ups!
The 2019-2020 CCE Program is rolling out, making coordination and funding easier than in previous years!
Here’s what’s new:
Cleanup funds will be available through grant funding with a new system for drop boxes expenses!
Application & Funding
- Complete an application for funding your neighborhood Cleanup.
- Funding has been set aside for expenses related to recycling, reuse, swapping or skill-sharing. These funds can also be used for event supplies, volunteer stipends, promoting your event and refreshments.
- Litter pick-up events must be hosted in partnership with SOLVE through the Keep It Pretty, Rose City program. Schedule your event with SOLVE; they will provide cleanup supplies and more. Additional funds can be requested for refreshments or supplies as described above.
Drop boxes for waste collection
- Drop boxes must be reserved with one of eight approved garbage and recycling companies. (See list in attached resource guide).
- Each company can provide up to 20 boxes to CCE through June 1, 2020.
- Groups must complete an application and get pre-approval from their District Coalition Office (SE Uplift) before calling an approved company to set up the service.
- BPS will pay the garbage and recycling companies directly after the event!!!
- The event or project must take place between August 1, 2019 and June 1, 2020.
For additional information on Community Cleanups or CCE, go to https://www.portlandoregon.gov/bps/article/631148