APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: MARCH 7TH, 2021
Community & Civic Engagement Small Grants support projects that empower and involve community members to shape and create their communities.
The goals of the Small Grant Program are to increase the number and diversity of people who are involved and engaged in the broader community; strengthen community capacity to create change by building community leadership, identity, skills, relationships and partnerships; and increase community impact on public decisions and community life.
Preference will be given to projects:
- That create space and opportunity for everyone in our community to participate by following the principles contained within the DEIA Code of Ethics. All proposals will be reviewed using our Equity Lens which is based upon our commitment to correct harmful historical practices and policies as acknowledged in our DEIA Statement.
- That have strong community support and involvement as demonstrated by volunteer hours and donated or discounted services over applications that are primarily coordinated and executed by paid personnel.
- Submitted by, or in direct partnership with, organizations predominately led by and/or involving people from historically underrepresented or underserved communities including communities of color, immigrants and refugees, low-income people, renters, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people.
- Incorporate COVID-19 relief into the project to support programming, relief or logistical efforts that address needs in communities that are most vulnerable to the impacts of COVID-19.
STEP 1: REVIEW THE GRANT HANDBOOK
Review our Grant Handbook for guidance on who can apply, what projects are eligible, how to complete the application, and more. You can also refer to our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
STEP 2: GET INSPIRED
STEP 3: ATTEND A GRANT WORKSHOP & GET SUPPORT (RSVP REQUIRED)
Monday, February 8th 10:00AM-12:00PM (RSVP)
Thursday, February 11th 6:00PM-8:00PM (RSVP)
If you are unable to attend a workshop, we strongly encourage you to review the information in THIS PDF.
In addition to providing workshops, SE Uplift staff are available to provide project idea advice, answer questions, review draft applications and provide feedback before the deadline. Contact both SE Uplift’s Community Liaison Program Manager at email@example.com and Communications & Outreach Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your proposal, schedule a meeting, or submit a draft application for review.
STEP 4: COMPLETE THE APPLICATION (3 easy ways to apply)
SUBMIT ONLINE: Complete the application through the online form and attach all required documentation. Scroll to the bottom of this page for online application.
PDF DOCUMENTS: Save a copy of the form to your computer. Open the document, fill in your answers, save it as a PDF, and send it back to us. Please note that if you fill in the form in your internet browser, it will not allow you to save your answers.
WORD DOCUMENTS: Save a copy of the form to your computer. Open the document, fill in your answers, save it as a word document, and send it back to us.
A complete grant application must include the following components. Do not include any additional documents. You do not have to use the forms provided. If you choose to create your own form, please answer all questions in the order they are listed. If you do not receive a confirmation email within one business day after submitting the application please contact both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Component Form Cover Page: The cover page should be the first page in your application and will provide a reference and summary for reviewers. Cover Page: (WORD, PDF) Narrative: The project narrative should not exceed three pages single spaced. To ensure all required information is included and to assist the review committee, please answer all questions in the order they are listed. Narrative Form: (WORD, PDF) Budget: Complete all four columns of the budget form. Budget Form: (WORD, PDF) Proof of Eligibility:
• Nonprofit organizations: Include your IRS nonprofit determination letter.
• Projects with fiscal sponsorship: Include your fiscal sponsor’s IRS nonprofit determination letter and the fiscal sponsor verification form.
• Projects applying for fiscal sponsorship with SE Uplift: Include SE Uplift fiscal sponsorship request form. For more information on fiscal sponsorship see the overview document.
Fiscal Sponsor Verification Form (WORD, PDF)
SE Uplift Fiscal Sponsorship Request Form (WORD, PDF)
FS for Grant Projects Overview (WORD, PDF)
Partnership Letters (if applicable): Include a letter of support from any partner organizations explaining how they will actively participate in the project. Partnership Letter Example (PDF)
STEP 5: SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Applications are due by SUNDAY, MARCH 7, 2021. Applications can be submitted online, by email, mail, or dropped off at the SE Uplift Office. Email or online submission is preferred.