On-line Information About Property
- Provides comprehensive property specific mapping information, relating to zoning, public services, natural resources and hazards, census, and more.
- Provides addresses as well as neighborhood association information.
Bureau of Development Services-(BDS)
1900 SW 4th Avenue-1st Floor. Open Tues-F, 8:00 am to 3 pm 503-823-7300
- Find information on land uses, building permits, required processes and talk to a staff planner.
- Zoning/Land Use: Information on current zoning, neighborhood land use reviews and frequently asked questions.
- Public notices first by coalition and then by neighborhood. This tells you what projects and proposals in your neighborhood need a land use review.
- Agendas for pre-application conferences, Planning Commission, Design Commission, Adjustment Committee, Hearings Officer, and Historic Landmarks Commission.
Bureau of Planning and Sustainability (BPS)
1900 SW 4tth Ave. -7th Floor. 503-823-7700
The Bureau of Planning is useful for getting zoning code, maps and information about comprehensive planning. BPS provides district liaisons and works on on-going planning projects, studies and district plans.
Portland Office of Transportation (PDOT)
1120 SW 5th Ave. 503-823-5185
PBOT is in charge of transportation plans and projects, street maintenance operations and new infrastructure construction.
Bureau of Environmental Services (BES)
1120 SW 5th Ave. (Portland Building)
BES handles citywide watershed management; wastewater treatment, sewer lines and stormwater projects
Other City Bureaus and Agencies
Office of Neighborhood Involvement (ONI)
1221 SW 4th Ave. (City Hall) Rm. 110. 503-823-4519
ONI provides neighborhood and business associations and coalitions contact and meeting information, demographics, maps, general information on crime prevention and mediation services.
Portland Development Commission (PDC)
222 NW 5th Ave. 503-823-3200
PDC is responsible for ongoing economic development projects, urban renewal areas and the Main Street Program
Portland Parks and Recreation (PPR)
1120 SW 5th Ave. 503-823-7529
PPR manages parks, natural areas, community centers, dog parks, pools, and other community activities.
1120 SW 5th Ave. 503-823-7404
General City Information
Department of Land Conservation and Development (DLCD)
800 NE Oregon, Salem.
The DLCD administers statewide land use management and policy regulations. Contains the Land Use Board of Appeals.
600 NE Grand Ave. 503-797-1700.
Metro is the regional government which oversees regional planning, waste management, regional parks and the Oregon Zoo.
Other Independent Resources
Architectural Heritage Center
701 SE Grand Ave. 503-231-7264
Useful resources for historic preservation, creation of historic districts, and architectural enthusiasts.
Coalition for a Livable Future
107 SE Washington, Suite 239. 503-294-2889
The Coalition for a Livable Future unites over 90 diverse organizations and hundreds of individuals to promote healthy and sustainable communities. By connecting issues, people and organizations, CLF empowers communities to take action together to shape the big decisions affecting the Portland region’s future.
1000 Friends of Oregon
534 SW Third Avenue, Portland. 503-497-1000
1000 Friends of Oregon works with Oregonians to enhance our quality of life by building livable urban and rural communities, protecting family farms and forests, and conserving natural and scenic areas.