By: Leah Fisher, Neighborhood Planning Manager
It is finally spring! Look around Southeast Portland, what do you see? Flowers blooming, rain falling, people outside working and playing? At SE Uplift that’s not what we see… ok, maybe we see that too. At SE Uplift we see our neighbors joining together to make streets safer for walking and biking, transit more accessible, the air cleaner, and to preserve the historic character of our main streets. There are a number of groups across our coalition area gaining traction on a number of livability issues. They are making change happen by sharing information, creating collaborations, and conducting strategic advocacy with key decision-makers at all levels – state, region, and locally.
We just had to share what dedicated volunteers have been up to and also share these advocacy opportunities with others passionate about these land use and/or transportation causes. Review the efforts going on across SE Portland, join in, share, replicate, and let’s all work together to help everyone in our community thrive.
Want more information on these groups, or to connect?
- Learn more about PNDA here and here, and connect at email@example.com
- Visit Main Street Design Initiative’s website here.
- IPA meets monthly, to connect and learn more, email IPA’s main point of contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit SEAM’s website here.
- Attend an 82nd Avenue Coalition meeting, the 4th Monday of the month 7-8:30 at the Lumberyard on 82nd Ave.